The age-related loss of volume and the force of gravity lead to the most prominent signs of aging on your face. As your skin loses its elasticity and collagen, your facial skin droops downwards and appears sunken or hollow. This might make you look old or tired. Dr. Chaowen Wu provides an extremely natural and safe facial fat transfer procedure to enhance your facial contours and reverse the age-related loss of facial volume. Patients traveling or flying to The Woodlands can visit our Out-of-Town page for more information.
What are the benefits of facial fat transfer?
- Soften the deep lines and folds caused by gravity and the loss of fat tissues, such as the nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
- Add volume to the cheeks and jawline to help restore youthful facial balance.
- Reverse the most prominent signs of aging, such as hollows in your temples, cheeks, under-eye regions, and nasolabial folds.
- Natural-looking results inspired by your own body.
- This procedure also tones the fat donor site, such as the abdomen or flanks.
You’re the ideal candidate for a facial fat transfer if you…
- Are in generally good physical and mental health.
- Don’t have underlying medical conditions that prevent optimal recovery.
- Don’t smoke or are willing to stop smoking several months before and after the procedure.
- Have realistic expectations from the facial fat grafting procedure.
- Have visible deep folds, hollowing, or gaunt appearance.
- Have excess fat tissues in the targeted donor site.
What happens during a facial fat transfer procedure?
Dr. Wu will mark the areas on your face and the donor site to guide the treatment. The surgeon will insert a small tube-like device called a cannula into the targeted donor site, such as the thighs, abdomen, or flanks and a small amount of fat will be drawn from the donor site.
After purifying and isolating the live fat cells, Dr. Wu will carefully inject them into the targeted areas on your face. This should be done with the utmost precision, and the surgeon must ensure the blood supply is available to the fat cells. Otherwise, the fat cells will be absorbed and metabolized by the body. Dr. Wu carefully injects the fat cells into the targeted area while adjusting for the inevitable absorption of a percentage of the fat cells.
During the procedure, Dr. Wu layers microscopically small fat droplets along the contours of your face to ensure soft, gentle, and natural-looking results. Furthermore, spacing out the injections also gives your body enough time to develop a blood supply to the fat cells, thereby increasing their chance of survival. Dr. Wu’s patient and careful approach ensure long-lasting results.
What happens during your post-treatment recovery?
After the facial fat transfer procedure, you may experience mild redness, swelling, and bruising, especially around the eyes. The bruising and swelling will gradually dissipate after 1 to 2 weeks, following which you can resume your social activities. This procedure rolls back the clock, giving you more time with voluminous and youthful facial contours, but it doesn’t stop the aging process altogether. However, most fat grafting patients enjoy the results for decades.
Why choose Dr. Wu?
Dr. Chaowen Wu is a fellowship-trained plastic surgeon with a comprehensive facial aesthetics practice in The Woodlands, TX. She completed a competitive dual degree MD-PhD program at Wayne State University School of Medicine, making her one of the country’s leading figures in aesthetic plastic surgery. Dr. Wu always curates personalized treatments that elevate your natural beauty with minimal risks or complications. Please schedule an appointment to discuss your facial fat transfer options at Revel You in The Woodlands, TX.